
On December 10, President Obama was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for appealing for no nuclear weapons in the world. Although what he received is great, I think that his speech at the award ceremony is in contradiction to his appeal because he spoke about the just of wars. I don’t understand how a person who hopes to abolish nuclear weapons can defend wars. For example, if we defend wars or the use of force, we defend the use of atom bombs in World War Ⅱ too. I have been to see the Atomic Bomb Memorial Dome and Peace Memorial Museum in Hiroshima, and I understand how much misery and sorrow accompany the war there. Who can judge right or wrong, even if a war is justified? Therefore, I think there is no justification for wars or force, so I was disappointed with Obama’s speech earlier this month.

No comments:
Post a Comment